The mission of Promoting African Refugee Community Association (PARCA) is to facilitate the successful transition of refugees, asylum seekers and members of the various Eastern European migrant communities into British society, and to support and encourage their productive and sustainable integration into their new homeland.
- PARCA was founded in 2002 as the first African refugee community organisation in the Peterborough. It is supported by the Peterborough Council for Voluntary Services (PCVS), and by other local and national charities.
- We aim to improve the conditions and lives of all refugees and asylum seekers, from any region of the African continent, who now reside within Greater Peterborough and its surrounding areas; naturally we will help people from other areas of the United Kingdom (UK) as well.
- PARCA is an inclusive organisation that supports people regardless of their nationality, their faith or their community, in order to allow them to develop greater levels of understanding about the UK lifestyle. We encourage diversity within the United Kingdom, especially within the Greater Peterborough area.
- PARCA has an effective process which empowers families to play a full part within British society and to help to achieve harmonious integration and improved community cohesion.
- PARCA encourages refugees, asylum seekers and migrants, as well as members of any other local communities, to participate in its regular leisure and recreational activities, as well as enjoyable social events for all age groups and abilities.
- PARCA delivers a high quality service that can fulfil the needs of any member of any community.
- Download the presentation of the successful work that we have done during the last 10 years.
10th Anniversary of the Organisation
On 30th August the Promoting African Refugee Community Association, PARCA, based at Unity Hall, Northfield Road, celebrated its 10th Birthday. The event was opened by the Chair of the Board of Directors, John Kasensa. The event was very well attended with an outside barbeque enjoyed by everyone, from the youngest member of the family to the oldest. The young people’s group organized music and the Youth Leaders introduced themselves and the work they are doing. Download the Presentation of our work during the 10 years.
PARCA has a range of volunteering opportunities available for people who want to give something back to the local community. We currently have the following opportunities available:
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Receptionist Volunteer
- People Support Volunteer
- Youth Activities Supporter Volunteer
- Marketing & Promotional Volunteer
- Learning Coordinator Volunteer
- Findraiser Volunteer
Please download a volunteer application form and a description of each volunteering role.
|Volunteer Application Form||Volunteering Opportunities|